You will submit a second self-reflection paper (at least 3 and no more than 5 pages each, double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins) discussing your thoughts, feelings and reactions to the course readings, activities and discussions thus far in the course (see below for Topics/reflection questions). It is not appropriate to summarize the readings or the class discussions. The point of this paper is for you to reflect on your personal growth and educational process, noting your thoughts and feelings and why you believe you may be having these thoughts and feelings. Each paper is worth 50 points. You will be graded on the thoughtfulness of your writing and the extent to which you integrate the material covered into your response. Please refer to the rubric on attached below for more details on the topics to be covered in the paper and grading. Points will be deducted if the paper does not meet the page requirement and format (3-5 pages, double-spaced, 12 pt Times New Roman font, 1-inch margins).
Here are the questions you should answer within your self-reflection:
Reflection Paper 2: Changed Perspectives from Paper 1
Based on the course material and my responses to Paper 1 prompts…
- How has my answer to the question “Who am I?” changed or stayed the same?
- Do I feel differently about how I’ve learned who I am? If so, how? If not, why not?
- Has my view of my own privilege changed? If so, how? If not, why not?
- Has my view of my own oppression changed? If so, how? If not, why not?
- Describe your involvement in systemic oppression
- How does society look the same or different to me as a result of what I have learned in this class?