Briefly describe one weakness of situational leadership theory. Is this concern valid? Why or why not?
Discuss the two concepts of groupthink and focalism. In your summary, discuss the similarities and dissimilarities of the two. Use at least 200 words and cite any sources in APA format
1. Show the connection between sexual harassment and the abuse of power.
2. Determine whether a political action is ethical.
3. Define power and contrast leadership and power.
I need about 150 words for each answer so I can incorporate it in my essay
What is the importance of the authenticity of a leader?
Why are morality and strong ethics necessary for an authentic leader?
The very first step on the journey to credible leadership is clarifying your values-discovering those fundamental beliefs that will guide your decisions and actions along the path to success and significance. In your own words, discuss why this is important for effective leadership.
It can be said that equal employment opportunity (EEO) is focused on ensuring that all employees are operating on a level playing field, while affirmative action (AA) is focused on creating an un-level playing field, thereby intentionally and proactively giving those employees that are members of underrepresented protective classes an advantage relative to employment related decisions (i.e., hiring, training, promotions).
What is your response to this statement? How do you personally view these two components of employment law? How do the concepts of higher level leadership and holistic executive development apply to this discussion?
1. Show the impact emotional labor has on employees.
2. Describe affective events theory and identify its applications.
3. Contrast the evidence for and against the existence of emotional intelligence.
4. Contrast the three components of an attitude.
5. Summarize the relationship between attitudes and behavior.
6. Summarize the main causes of job satisfaction.
7. Describe the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator personality framework and assess its strengths and weaknesses.
8. Identify the key traits in the Big Five personality model.
9. Understand the implications of employee engagement for management.
10. Compare and contrast goal-setting theory and management by objectives.
11. Describe the job characteristics model and evaluate the way it motivates by changing the work environment.
13. Show how flexible benefits turn benefits into motivators.
14. Identify the motivational benefits of intrinsic rewards.
• Why might bosses also need praise? What potential benefits can come for the boss and the employee from this type of praise?
• What role does verbal recognition play in motivating employees? How do you make your verbal recognition powerful and how do you maintain it? Support your answer with motivation theories.
• How might fear affect innovation and productivity in organizations? Describe a situation when fear had an effect on you in your workplace. What could you have done to overcome the fear?
• Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Employees should check their problems at the door? State your reasoning and provide examples from your current or past employment experiences.
What is the effect of a compensation package (benefits, salary, nonfinancial) on employee motivation and satisfaction? Use examples.
Should ethics training focus on compliance with legal standards? Is this a sufficient objective? Why or why not?